Today I am very pleased to share a guest post on my blog by Maham Rizwan, who writes for Quran Academy. I’m sure this article will be very beneficial insha’Allah, especially for those who have newly embraced Islam.
Let’s discuss the tips that will make all the new Muslims stay connected to their faith. They will help you out in strengthen your Imaan and make you a true Muslim. Have a look at the following tips:
- Always remember the Islamic pillars
The thing that is most important to stay connected to the faith is to keep the Islamic pillars in mind all the time.
- The first one, Shahada, is the necessary part of being a Muslim. The belief in Allah and the belief that Allah is the only one and Prophet Muhammad (SAW) is His last messenger is what make us a true Muslim.
- The second one is, Salah, it is an obligation for all of us to pray fives every day.
- The next one is, Zakat, you should always give charity to the people who are needy as it is a must for each and every Muslim.
- Up next is fasting, you must fast in the month of Ramadan, it is an obligation.
- The last one is, Hajj, it is the most sacred of the deeds, it is compulsory for people who can afford not the others.
- Follow one hadith per day
You should introduce yourself and other New Muslims to one hadith per day, and you must follow it too. Hazrat Muhammad (SAW) was the perfect example of a genuine Muslim, therefore following him is the best thing a new Muslim convert can do. It was said by Hazrat Muhammad (SAW) once:
“He who loves my Sunnah has loved me, and he who loves me will be with me in Paradise.” (Tirmidhi)
- Respect your parents
To stay true to Islam and be an ideal Muslim, something that is a must to do is, respect your parents. Parents are the gift of God, and it is a duty of every Muslim to respect them, treat them with patience and care. You should love your parents with all your heart and stay kind to them in all the situations.
Quran: “And your Lord has decreed that you not worship except Him, and to parents, good treatment. Whether one or both of them reach old age [while] with you, say not to them [so much as], “uff,” and do not repel them but speak to them a noble word.” (17:23)
- Find a mentor
Look for the best mentor that one can have, seek knowledge about Islam and learn as much as you can. Islam has emphasized a lot on seeking the knowledge and learning. It is clearly said to gain knowledge from the cradle to the grave. Allah loves those who learn at every step of the way. In this regard, Hazrat Muhammad (SAW) stated:
“For him who follows a path for seeking knowledge, Allah will ease for him the path to Paradise.” (Muslim)
- Never forget about the Holy Quran
Learning the Holy Quran is a must for all the Muslims whether they are new to Islam or old Muslims. Learn to recite the Quran and once you can recite the Quran in Arabic, start it again from the beginning and this time; recite it with the translation in the language that you understand. Quran is written by Allah the Almighty so listen to Him, pay attention to what He says and you will succeed in the hereafter, and the worldly life will get easy for you.
All these tips will make new Muslims stay close to Islam and will make your faith stronger! Stay blessed!
About the Author:
Maham Rizwan an author dedicated to boosting Islamic spirit in the Ummah. Traveling and learning new cultures is her source of inspiration. She regularly blogs at http://quranacademy.io/